There’s a new monitor in town, and it’s not just any monitor:
The Omen 27-inch QHD curved monitor is HP’s first foray into the 240Hz gaming market, and it’s doing so with a competitive $500-$600 price tag.
However, is the HP Omen 27c the right choice for you?
CHECK OUT: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 Monitor Review
- If you’re looking to upgrade your gaming experience with a speedy new monitor, the HP Omen 27-inch QHD Curved 240Hz Monitor could be perfect if you have over $500 to spend.
- It boasts a 240Hz refresh rate as well as a 1ms response time and AMD FreeSync. Surprisingly, it is ideal for high-speed eSports like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Rainbow Six Siege.
- The fascinatingly fast monitor is also an Eyesafe Certified display, making massive gaming sessions less impactful on your eyes.
Review And Features
Style and Stand
- The HP Omen 27-inch QHD gaming monitor comes with a black-themed stand which is both simplistic and easy on the eye.
- More so, the stand is robust, metal, and square. So, while playing AAA titles, you won’t experience any wobble if you knock it or put pressure on the computer desk.
CHECK OUT: What Is The Best Monitor Size For Gaming?
- Gaming on the HP Omen 27-inch QHD curved gaming monitor is crisp, smooth, and ridiculously impressive. This is thanks to the fast refresh rate and epic response time.
- It’s able to display 240 frames per second (FPS), which means games can run smoothly without any hitch. Likewise, it’s great for online gaming or action-packed AAA titles where your reflexes and eyes need to be on top of their game.
- Beyond gaming, the monitor is crystal clear and perfect for video editing or other productivity tasks.
CHECK OUT: 5 Best 4k 32-Inch Monitors In 2022
Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync
- Surprisingly, at just $550 (at the time of writing), this curved, 27-inch display is equipped with Nvidia’s G-Sync and AMD’s FreeSync technologies.
- Both of these eliminate screen tearing and stutter that could occur when a game’s frame rate changes and annoys gamers.
HP Eye Ease
- As the world is going digital, mostly digital people have to spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen. That said, the HP Omen monitor features HP Eye Ease technology.
- It works like a blue filter and counters all the harmful blue light that could potentially damage your eyes. It also helps to reduce eye strain during the long hours of playing CS: GO or Fortnite.
- The Omen 27-inch gaming monitor is VESA Display HDR 400 certified, but the implementation of HDR is quite basic and actually detracts from the overall quality of its picture.
- When placed beside high-end HDR screens, there’s a lot of light bleeding that takes place and hurts the quality of the image. Meanwhile, a lower contrast makes images look too bright, and rich effects are lacking at moments.
- The HP Omen monitor has above-average peak brightness that varies depending on what content is being viewed.
- Sadly, the SDR brightness of the monitor is much lower than advertised at 400 nits with HDR off.
- However, it’s enough to fight glare from some light sources, and you shouldn’t have any issues using it in a room with windows where sunlight streams in.
CHECK OUT: 5 Best Vertical Monitors In 2022
- The placement of ports on the rear bottom halves of diamonds makes cable management simple.
- They have a security cable lock and two USB 3.0 ports on their left side and one USB-C, an HDMI 2.0 port, a Display Port 1.4, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack on the right.
The HP Omen 27-inch 240Hz curved monitor has all the bells and whistles to make it appeal to a serious PC gamer. It also has enough quality to be adequate for productivity, however, at over $500 there are better options for video editing and graphics work.
The biggest issue is its HDR performance and brightness. It simply doesn’t compete with similarly priced monitors and unless you need a PC monitor, you can pick up a fantastic 144Hz gaming monitor and a 65-inch 4k smart TV with superior HD and brightness for roughly the same price.
We recommend considering other monitors, however, if you want to find out more about the HP Omen 27-inch 240Hz curved monitor head to Amazon.
"We often receive complimentary products to review at Nerdable. Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a share of the revenue from our affiliate partners."