If you’ve forgotten your Android passcode, you’re no doubt looking for a solution to unlock your phone:
Sadly, if you can’t remember your code, you can’t access your phone.
However, it doesn’t mean that you should throw away your phone. You just need to factory reset your Android phone, and voilà! You will be able to use your phone again.
CHECK OUT: 5 Best NFT Marketplaces In 2022
The Caveat To Reseting Your Phone
The sad news is, you won’t be able to see your memories, like photos or videos, if you haven’t backed them up on the Cloud:
This is because every new version of Android features advanced security, and nowadays, it’s encrypting data on Android.
So always back up your precious photos and videos, or even better, have them automatically sent to the cloud as and when you make them.
CHECK OUT: How To See Who Shared Your TikTok Video?
How To Reset Your Android Phone When It Is Locked?
The process of resetting your android phone differs between brands. It’s important to read the specific instructions on how to do it for your particular device:
How To Reset a locked Samsung Phone?
- Hold power, home, and volume up simultaneously until the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.
- To scroll down to the factory settings options, press the volume down key and press yes to reset the phone.
- After that, select a reboot system that will restore it to factory settings and make it useable again.
How To Reset a locked LG Phone?
- Shut down your LG phone. Hold the Power and volume down button simultaneously until the LG logo appears.
- Release the power button for a moment and hold it again.
- Release all keys when the factory settings appear.
- Use the Power key to set up your phone.
- Again, press the power button to confirm restoring your device.
CHECK OUT: 5 Best Electric Bikes Under $500
How To Reset a locked HTC Phone?
- Tap in an incorrect passcode five times.
- It will show up a screen with the option ‘Forgot pattern.’
- Select the option, and you will get a Google Login prompt to reset your phone.
How To Reset a locked Sony Phone?
- Turn OFF your Phone.
- Now, hold the power and volume down key simultaneously until the Sony settings appear.
- Use volume rocker to scroll in the settings.
- From there, select ‘wipedata/factory reset’ to reset your Sony phone to factory settings. To do this, press the power key.
- To confirm the action, press any volume rocker.
CHECK OUT: When Will GPU Prices Drop In 2022?
How To Reset a locked Huawei Android phone?
- Turn OFF your Huawei.
- Hold volume down, up, and the power button access your phone factory settings.
- From there, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ by holding the volume down key.
- Press the volume down key to confirm this action.
- Turn on your Huawei Android device with the power key to complete your action.
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the volume down and power key when turned off until the settings appear.
- Use the volume rocker to scroll till the ‘Recovery Mode.’
- Now, press the power key to reboot your mobile phone.
- Hold the power button till the Android appears with a warning sign.
- Use volume keys to scroll till the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option is available, and choose it by pressing the power button.
- Finally, press any volume key to agree and the Power button to reset your device.
- Shut down your phone.
- Hold power and volume down key simultaneously until you see the Fast boot Mode screen.
- Use Up and Down volume keys to scroll to recovery mode, and press the power button to pick it up.
- Wait till Google Logo appears.
- At this stage, press Volume up.
- Scroll down to wipe data/factory with the help of the volume rocker and select the settings with the power key.