Sadly, not all dolls are made equal. And it’s only the rarest Cabbage Patch Dolls that have any real value:
The reality is, most dolls in good complete condition will be worth around $20-$40. Yet, if you have something collectors covet, you might be looking at a few hundred bucks.
5. Iddy Budds Ranny, $375
If you’re just setting out on your journey of collecting rare Cabbage Patch Kids Dolls, the Iddy Budds Ranny should top your list. This doll is #319 out of #750 and has been seen sold for as high as $375 in perfect condition. Its most unique feature is its hair.
Alternatively, if you have one and you’re looking to sell, make sure you look for a collectors channel on Reddit or Facebook before listing on eBay to drum up interest.
4. Little People Tilly Kay, $550
Okay, this Little People Doll isn’t specifically a Cabbage Patch Doll – but they are the inspiration for the Cabbage Patch Dolls, making them incredibly collectible and most definitely vintage.
Introduced in 1979, in an original mint green outfit with shoes and socks. And even without the doll’s adoption papers, a Tilly Key can be worth north of $550.
3. Anne Greta, $810
The bright red hair makes this doll one of the most popular and desirable amongst all Cabbage Patch Doll collectors. If you can find one (or have one) with the pacifier it can be worth north of $810.
Another element that increases value is having the doll’s birth certificate and its adoption papers. It is unlikely to find one in a box, but the doll’s condition will ultimately determine the value.
CHECK OUT: The 5 Most Expensive Funko Pops Right Now
2. Teresa Ann, $2,000
One of the rarest cabbage patch dolls is the 1985 Teresa Ann, a doll that was sold for a whopping $2,000 on eBay:
This doll has green eyes, a dimple on its cheek, and a soft body along with a removable pink dress. All of which plays a vital role in helping it reach such a high value.
It is one of the most valuable Cabbage Patch Dolls available, both vintage and rare.
1. Hand Signed 1979 Xavier Roberts Little People Twins, $3,500
The most valuable Cabbage Patch Dolls come as a set of twins. And if you’re the owner of these twins in good condition, they could be worth north of $3,500 today:
The last time these hand-signed twins were sold it was for $3,500 in June 2018.
These Are The Essential Things You Need To Know:
- The original dolls were called Little People and were hand made by Xavier Roberts, who signed their butts with marker. So if you have a doll with a signed behind, it might be rare and valuable.
- As Little People popularity grew, they started to be adopted rather than sold via a doll hospital called Babyland General. This is where the adoption and birth certificate paperwork became part of the package. A doll with all its paperwork is most coveted.
- In 1982 Coleco started making the dolls for global sale. These were branded as the Cabbage Patch Kids and came with vinyl heads. The vast majority of these dolls have far less value than some that came before.
So if your doll is handmade, completely soft, and comes with Little People paperwork, you may have something valuable. And if it is hand-signed by Xavier Roberts, you may have something truly coveted by collectors.