The Gigabyte AORUS 48-Inch FO48U is a giant monitor that’ll make your eyes water with its OLED 4K screen, its 16:9 aspect ratio, and its 3840 x 2160 pixel resolution:
Another reason why this monitor will make your eyes water is the price. Coming in at a whopping $1049+ while discounted. This price proves that you really do pay a premium for Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLED). However, is it worth the money? Let’s find out!
- Huge 48-Inch Screen
- Superb Reflection Handling
- Great Viewing Angles
- Next-Gen Console Friendly
- Built-In Soundbar
- The Gigabyte AORUS 48-Inch 4K OLED Gaming Monitor boasts fast-paced technologies for gamers, like a 120Hz refresh rate to tackle your enemies in Fortnite. Additionally, it offers a fantastic 1ms GtG response time (Grey-to-Grey).
- The AORUS backlight is rated at 150 cd/m2; which is perfect to control backlit and RGB bleeding in low lighting.
- When it comes to sheer brightness, the Aorus FO48U’s OLED panel reaches 401 cd/m2 with a burst brightness of 911 cd/m2.
- Compared to LCD monitors, OLED monitors like the AORUS FO48U aren’t as bright in terms of luminosity. However, they are capable of achieving higher contrast ratios between the brightest whites and darkest blacks.
- The contrast performance is much better than the average panel, making more realistic images. It allows you to experience true blacks in games and movies.
- The Gigabyte Aorus Black color setting is completely calibrated out of the box, and it’s entirely ready for use without any strain at all.
- The Gigabyte AORUS FO48U has a superb left-side viewing angle. Colors may wash out slightly at extremely wide angles, but this is only noticeable if looking at the screen from angles no one will ever try to view the screen from.
- Whether you are sitting close to the monitor or at a distance, the screen is vibrant and crystal clear. Perfect for gaming, streaming, or multitasking.
- The Gigabyte AORUS 480-inch FO48U is designed with simplicity in mind. Overall, it looks more like a TV than a monitor at first glance.
- The monitor has the same glass panel design as other AORUS screens, with a metal backing and plastic housing around the electronics on the back. Its feet are made for stability and durability.
- The simple metal rectangle stand supports the screen without wobbling and looks almost invisible when used.
If you have a big budget, the simple answer to this question is “Yes”. From the moment you open this monitor up, it feels premium and imposing. Both are important factors when spending a lot of money on tech.
- Excellent HDR
- Superb Gaming Performance
- OLED With Infinite Contrast
- G-Sync and FreeSync Compatible
- Large and Heavy
And if you’re seeking fantastic image quality and features from a gaming monitor, the AORUS FO48U is at the very top of what the market can offer.
The Gigabyte AORUS 48-inch OLED Gaming Monitor is definitely Nerdable Recommended.
Find out more about the Gigabyte AORUS 48-Inch 4K OLED Gaming Monitor on Amazon.