ASUS ZenScreen Go 15.6-Inch Portable Monitor Review
The ASUS ZenScreen Go MB16A Portable Monitor is one of the most incredibly-looking USB monitors we have ever seen:
And, it comes with a slew of features and design considerations that make it an extremely useful gadget, although one that comes with a big price.
So, the question we’re asking is, is it worth spending $300? Let’s find out!
- Built-in 7800mAh Rechargeable Battery
- Anti-Glare IPS Display
- Only Weighs 730 Grams
- Includes Built-in Speakers
- Flicker-Free & Blue Light Filter
- Android Compatible
- The ZenScreen Go MB16AHP features a 1920x1080p Full HD panel that delivers crisp visuals from extreme viewing angles. Also, IPS technology lets you view the screen from any angle without color distortion.
- The ASUS ZenScreen Go MB16AHP has a contrast ratio of 800:1. This is higher than the 700:1 stated in its spec sheet. But in some scenarios, we could still make out that the blacks were more gray than black.
- Surprisingly, the pixel density is very intense, which makes the finer details crisper and easy to see. Additionally, this clarity makes the touch controls sensitive and responsive, which helps with navigation and typing.
- The ZenScreen Go has a 7800mAh built-in battery, meaning you won’t need to plug it into a power socket all the time to draw power. This is fantastic when you’re in a coffee shop or stuck at an airport.
- The Asus Zenscreen Go MB16AHP is a portable monitor that comes in handy if you’re constantly on the move and lack desk space, or if you need a larger display than that of your laptop.
- Featuring a reversible USB-C connector, this smart device uses technology to make sure you can connect it easily to your PC, smartphone, camera, and even game consoles.
Android Phone Compatibility
- When plugged into a Samsung mobile device, the screen will automatically launch into the DeX Mode, so that you get the same concept as when connecting your device directly to a desktop computer.
- Add a simple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and you’ll have a quick-connecting travel smart system!
CHECK OUT: ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 15 Review
- The ASUS ZenScreen Go MB16AHP feels like an expensive gadget, and if you genuinely have a use for it, won’t disappoint.
- While using the device, there is no physical strain on wrists or hands, even after long periods of time.
- The device controls are planted on the bottom chin, making them incredibly easy to access however you are holding or resting the portable monitor.
- The ASUS ZenScreen MB16AHP includes a folio case that magnetically clips to the monitor when not in use, and can be folded up to become an adjustable stand. It attaches flat to tables, and the stand offers three tilt settings.
CHECK OUT: ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo UX582 Laptop Review
If you’re looking for an ultra-portable monitor, the ASUS ZenScreen Go MB16AHP should be the first one on your list.
- High pixel density
- Great build quality
- Low input lag
- Works with MacBook
- Narrow color gamut
- Blacks can sometimes look gray in certain environments
The ZenScreen Go is sleek and lightweight, plus it even has extensive battery life powered by ASUS SuperPipe technology to ensure that you get the most out of every bit of juice you feed into it.
Similarly, if you’re not a fan of bothering with too much setup or wiring, then this product is right up your alley.