ASUS ROG Strix GA35 Gaming Desktop: The Ultimate Rig?
Every PC gamer loves to build their own custom rig, but with supply chain droughts, pre-built desktops have had a rebirth.
Step forward, the ASUS ROG Strix GA35 Gaming Desktop ($4999.99). A rig worth considering if you’re looking for a pre-build that feels like a customized PC.
CHECK OUT: Logitech G Pro X Mechanical Keyboard Review
ASUS ROG Strix GA35 Roundup
- Included in the ROG Strix GA35 is a liquid-cooled AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor from the Ryzen™ 9 Desktop Processors family.
- It has 12 cores and ZEN3 architecture, which allows you to play high-resolution games with minimum lag and High FPS.
- Furthermore, the CPU consists of a 64 MB cache that helps when switching programs quickly and is a VR-ready premium CPU.
- The CPU has a base clock of 3.7 GHz. This is enough to play AAA titles like Tomb Raider, Fortnight, PUBG, and so on.
- The CPU also supports a 4.8 GHz boost that makes it suitable for high-end tasks like AI development, machine learning, or complex programming.
- The previous iteration of the gaming rig featured an RTX 2060 GPU, but after a recent update, the system comes with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 GPU.
- This is a top of the line graphics card, offering super-high frame rates for the smoothest action at the highest settings.
- This graphics card is also perfect for tasks like screen-recording (streaming), video editing, and 3D rendering.
- Additionally, the RTX graphics card is Ray Tracing enabled, offering clearer details in supported games.
- ASUS included 32 GB 3200Mhz DDR RAM in the ASUS ROG Strix GA35. The perfect amount for most users, but if you are doing super-high-end visual work, you can upgrade to 128 GB.
- Additionally, the desktop comes with fast storage, perfect for quick loading across games and apps. The system features a 1TB HyperDrive PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. The SSD can write at a maximum speed of 3200MB/s.
- For more storage, the rig includes a 2TB HDD as well. The drive can write and overwrite data at 7200RPM, which is a plus for storing games and data reports.
- eSports gamers and streamers love no mess on their gaming desk. And, multiple wires from monitors and other devices can cause a distraction.
- The ASUS ROG Strix GA35 includes a custom Asus ROG Strix X570-F motherboard.
- With this, you won’t need a docking station to connect multiple monitors or LAN devices.
- The motherboard is LAN-party ready with easy swap SSD and USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A and C front panel.
- The rig has extensive cooling, which allows for the high processor performance required for professional gaming and work.
- The system separates the CPU, graphics card, and power supply into separate chambers, and the multi-zone chassis minimizes thermal interference and lowers ambient temperatures.
- Stays cool under loud
- Vertical GPU looks great
- Two front USB-C ports
- Updated components
- No horizontal GPU option
This behemoth of a desktop PC comes at a price, on Amazon.com costs a massive $4999.99 and only has a score of 4.1 out of 5.