If you are in the market to buy a 50-inch TV on a budget of $500 or less, then we’ve got you covered:
Every TV we’ve picked is 4k and packed with Smart technology.
Check out our picks for the best five 50-inch Smart 4k TVs for shoppers on a budget:
(Disclaimer: We use Amazon.com affiliate links below).
Insignia’s 50-inch 4K Ultra HD TV is a fantastic choice if you want a big TV but on a budget. Priced at $310, Insignia’s TV supports HDR, but not Dolby Vision…
Yet, even without Dolby Vision, the colors still pop with brightness.
The TV also supports audio technology known as DTS Studio Surround, which changes stereo audio to a more immersive sound.
A big selling point is that Insignia has partnered with Amazon to turn this into a Fire TV. This means that it has the Amazon Prime Video streaming interface and connectivity built-in.
It also comes with an Alexa remote that includes a microphone that lets you search for your content using your voice.
The TV has three HDMI ports, an optical audio input, a coaxial input, a set of composite inputs (red, white, and yellow), an Ethernet port, and a headphone jack. Making it perfect for any room and setup.
Priced at $437 from Walmart, the Vizio M-Series Quantum M50Q7-H1 is a great budget-friendly 50-inch TV:
The best thing about Vizio is that they constantly deliver low-cost high-quality TVs and this is no different.
For starters, this TV includes the company’s quantum dot technology. Quantum dots enhance the TVs color, providing a full-array local dimming backlight – which means excellent HDR performance:
It also supports Dolby Vision, for brighter, sharper, more impressive visuals.
The TV runs Vizio’s SmartCast 3.0, which contains many apps. It also comes with AirPlay2 and Chromecast so that you can stream any content from your mobile device to the screen as well.
Some of the other features of this TV include:
- Quantum color with full array backlight delivers cinematic color intensity of over one billion colors.
- Ultra-bright 400 delivers highlights that are over 400 nits of brightness.
- There are 16 local dimming zones that allow deep black levels to provide stunning contrast and depth.
CHECK OUT: The 5 Best 40-inch 4k Smart TVs for under $500.
Hisense 50-Inch Class H8 Quantum Series Android 4K ULED Smart TV – $499
This 50-inch is an excellent buy for anyone who wants a TV on a budget but with all the innovative technologies:
The HG8 is equipped with quantum dot technology that enhances color performance. The TV also comes with a full-array local dimming backlight that helps improve the contrast.
The TV is bright and sharp and has a low lag time, making it a great and affordable choice for gamers as well. Here are the other features of this TV set:
- It comes with ultra-bright 4K detail with Android TV to give you quick access to your apps.
- It has Dolby Vision HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG pictures.
- Dolby Atmos sound technology enhances the immersive audio quality.
- It offers 240 motion rates and quantum dot colors.
- Full-array dimming zones deliver a great HDR experience with over 700 nits peak brightness.
- You can control the TV with a voice-enabled remote through the in-built Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Costing less than $309, the Insignia 4K Fire Edition TV is perfect if you want to stay within Amazon’s ecosystem. The Insignia Fire TV gives a great range of color as well as support. The TV is also known for having a better sound quality than many other 50-inch budget TVs.
The Fire TV operating system will give you all the benefits of Amazon’s interface, along with a built-in Alexa, which allows you to use your voice to play content and navigate around the TV.
Here are the other features of this great TV:
- Voice control with Alexa
- Fire TV integrates seamlessly with live over-the-air TV as well as streaming channels on one home screen.
- You get to watch high dynamic range (HDR) content since this is fully compatible with all 4K content.
CHECK OUT: The Best 80-inch 4k Smart TVs For Under-$2000.
Possibly the best budget 4k smart 50-inch TV on this list:
Firstly, this TCL is normally found at a much higher price on Amazon.com, at around $600.
It also comes with a QLED screen, a low latency mode for gamers, the Roku interface built-in, Dolby Vision, and much more.
Features of the TCL 5-Series 50S525 include:
- Superior 4K Ultra HD with picture clarity and enhanced color, contrast, and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- QLED or Quantum Dot technology for wider color volume and better brightness.
- TCL’s Roku smart TV platform gives you access to thousands of apps and channels.
- Low Latency game mode for fast response gaming.
- Easy voice control to help you easily find movies, change channels, switch inputs, all with your voice.
- It has four HDMI inputs and an Ethernet port.
CHECK OUT: The Best Budget 4k Smart TV With Roku Built-In.