The Lenovo Yoga 9i Gen 7 is among the latest feature-packed laptops in Lenovo’s lineup. This latest iteration packs a reimagined speaker system and an OLED screen.
While many other companies have not made any significant improvements to their laptops this year in terms of design and creativity, Lenovo has proven that it has the competition on its heels by breaking the status quo and building one of 2022’s most exciting multimedia machines.
However, is the Lenovo Yoga 9i Gen 7 worth its premium $2,144 price? Let’s find out!
The Features Include:
- – 14-inch 2,880×1,800 OLED touch display
- – 2.1GHz Intel Core i7-1260P
- – 16GB LPDDR5 5,200MHz (soldered)
- – 2-in-1 functionality
- – 1TB PCIe Gen 4×4 SSD
- – Lightweight
- – Best 2-in-1 for travelers on the go
- The Lenovo Yoga 9i Gen 7 is able to take on almost all productivity tasks with ease. With a powerful 12th Generation Intel Core i7-1260P Processor, that has an efficiency core speed of 3.40 GHz, and a boosted core speed of 4.70 GHz.
- The laptop also has 16 GB LPDDR5 5200MHz RAM, making it perfect for multitasking. And a 512 GB PCIe Gen 4 Solid Slate Drive (SSD) that makes boot times, app loading, and file fetching ultra quick.
- Sadly, the Lenovo Yoga 9i Gen 7 only packs Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics, meaning it is unable to handle the latest games well. Plus, it can even struggle with older games like World of Warcraft, when on high settings.
- The laptop comes with fantastic Dolby Atmos speakers that have weight and clarity. This is largely thanks to a soundbar that is positioned between the screen and keyboard, which rotates so that it always faces the user. It even packs a large base chamber, all of which come together for unbeatable sound.
- Additionally, the 14” OLED touch-screen, has a brightness level of 400 nits, a 3840 x 2400 resolution, and supports Dolby Vision, True Black, and HDR. This display provides a clear view, no matter how you angle it, which is perfect for watching videos in either laptop or tent mode.
- Plus, the 16:10 aspect ratio gives you more vertical space on your screen, twice that of a standard 16:9 notebook. Thus providing enough room to comfortably browse the internet or view documents without scrollbars.
- When fully charged, the battery lasts around 9 hours, whether watching movies, editing videos, or surfing the web. This is perfect for those who need to work (or be entertained) on the go.
- The device also includes an impressive Full HD webcam and facial recognition sign-in.
CHECK OUT: HP Elite Folio Vs. Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio – Which 2-In-1 Is Best?
- The Lenovo Yoga 9i has a sleek body that tapers toward the edges. It has power and brightness keys on both sides of the keyboard, and HDMI and headset-audio ports on the left side.
- The laptop’s bottom is made of aluminum and ventilates heat well.
- The laptop’s rounded edges are a great feature, as they make the laptop feel smooth and soft yet firm in your hands.
- One of the features that Lenovo added to aid in making the 9i easy to use is a row of shortcut keys which are located on the right side of the keyboard.
- As an added advantage, these shortcuts provide preset commands to make it easier for you to switch between using QuickNote and handwriting when using Windows 11.
CHECK OUT: Zenbook, MacBook, Or Surface – What Is The Best Laptop For Artists?
Is It Worth Checking Out?
The Lenovo Yoga 9i (Gen 7) ramps up what consumers should expect from a laptop. Not only is it lighter than most laptops, but it’s also powerful and feature-rich:
- Strong audio with rotating soundbar hinge
- Comes with carrying sleeve and stylus
- Provides more than 9 hours of battery backup
- Elegant speakers with Dolby Atmos support
- Not for AAA gamers
- No SD Card slot
The Intel Core i7-1260P CPU and 16GB of RAM didn’t disappoint us when we put this machine through its paces. And despite it lacking the power to handle games, it is perfect for all manner of productivity tasks. Including video editing, animation, and more.
CHECK OUT: The 5 Best Laptops For Under $600
Its performance-centric display and updated processor should make it Nerdable Recommended. However, for $2,144, we’d recommend waiting for a sale.