JLab Audio GO Air POP True Wireless: Budget Everyday Earbuds
The JLab Audio Go Air POP True Wireless earbuds are best sellers and for a good reason. They sport a fashionable look and are made of premium materials that feel tough but lightweight. And most importantly, they are super-affordable, coming in at under $21!
Amazingly, for the price, these earbuds are filled with advanced tech, including an IPX5 water-resistant nano-coating that resists sweat and rain so that it can handle your workouts or rained-out commutes without worry. Learn more about these bargain earbuds below.
- A built-in high-quality microphone in each bud for calls.
- Touch controls that work in tandem with sensors to you can use the buds with ease.
- Balanced and Bass Boost modes for customizing audio.
- Smaller and lighter for easier use.
- Long-lasting battery supporting 8 hours of playtime, and 24 hours of charge from the case.
Design And Comfort
- The Go Air Pop earbuds from JLab are the smallest on the market and maintain a bold, simplistic design that’s sure to catch the eye due to their unique coloring.
- They shrunk it down 15% compared to previous releases, and for under $25 you can’t beat them when comparing inflated brand prices of other ear pods on the market.
- Despite this smaller size, the JLab Go Air POP Earbuds are extremely stable while exercising. They will stay in place, and you won’t have to worry about them falling out as a result of movement.
- Plus, the Go Air POP earbuds don’t trap heat against your ears, which is definitely a positive of the design:
- When it comes to comfort, the JLab Audio GO Air POP True Wireless sports earbuds have a somewhat deeper fit. This may take a little getting used to, but they do come with some silicone ear tips to help find the best fit for you.
Controls And Digital Assistant
- JLab packed a music player, controls, and digital assistant tools on the True Wireless earbuds.
- You can manage calls, playback, volume, and EQ activation with one touch. On-ear detection for auto-pause/play didn’t make the cut.
- They do have some limitations, like the right earbud’s play/pause button is fiddly. It doesn’t respond well to its assigned input and gets mistaken for volume a lot of the time.
- Another thing is when multiple taps are required to activate Siri/Google Assistant or cycle through the EQs, the multi-tap function doesn’t always register well.
- Unsurprisingly, these aren’t earbuds to suit audiophiles, but — for earbuds occupying this remarkably low price bracket — they sound pretty darn good.
- You will find these earbuds lacking in sound clarity if you’re used to listening to top-end earbuds that cost 10x more, such as the Sony WF-1000XM4 and the AirPods Pro.
- Yet, for a fraction of the price, you still get excellent sound quality and durability for the cost.
- There are actually three different equalizer modes in these JLAB headphones, each with its own function.
- Balanced Mode for High Definition sound quality
- Signature Mode for powerful sub-bass and unsurpassed clarity
- Bass Boost Mode helps you get the low-down on your music
- More so, the JLab Signature is the best setting to use across genres of music. And its balanced mode is best for listening to podcasts and watching videos.
- While the bass boost setting somewhat overpowers the music and makes the vocals much harder to understand, it does exactly what it says on the tin, adding a bit more oomph to the audio.
- The buds have a battery life of around 7 hours before needing to be charged again.
Should You Buy The JLab Audio Go Air POP Earbuds?
For under $21 you can’t go wrong with these earbuds.
- Affordable on almost all budgets
- They are IPX5 water-resistant, making them perfect for long walks and workouts
- Built-in charging cable for convenience
- 7-hour battery life.
- No accompanying app for EQ customization
- No ANC (Active Noise Cancellation)
- Terrible call quality.
In fact, after testing, the only area where these earbuds do suffer is, call quality. While you can use them for calls if you know your caller well enough, the person you are calling may be put off having to ask you to repeat yourself more often than would seem natural otherwise.
Therefore, in our opinion, these are the perfect gym, everyday earbuds for the person who puts music first. However, if you plan to answer a lot of calls via these buds, you are better off looking elsewhere, like the Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.