HyperX Alloy Origins 65 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
The HyperX Alloy Origins 65 mechanical keyboard targets gamers looking for that perfect size balance. Featuring linear HyperX Red Switches and audio playback controls:
This HyperX’s Alloy keyboard is light and compact, prioritizing the things that are important to gamers like tactile response and backlighting.
CHECK OUT: The Best Mechanical Keyboards In 2022
Impressively, it manages to do this without sacrificing build quality or demanding sky-high “pro-gamer” prices. But is it really worth $100+ new? Find out below!
- Bright RGB Lighting
- HyperX Red Switches
- Detachable USB-C Cable
- Full Aircraft-Grade Aluminium Body
- 65-Percent Form Factor Keyboard
- 65-percent form factor keyboards are popular amongst gamers. Their shorter, and fully customizable mechanical keyboard offers a tactile and responsive experience.
- The HyperX Alloy Origins 65 delivers the above in spades. It has a set of exclusive linear switches that are very lightweight and responsive. Each keystroke has very little pushback, ensuring gaming actions are triggered at the merest touch of a key.
- This might sound like it will cause issues when typing, however, in our experience typing was flawless. Each key offers a soft textured surface, which gives you enough feedback to know if you are pressing or just resting a finger on a key. Each keystroke requires the softest of touches, allowing your fingers to flow key-to-key, rather than having a defined press.
- Plus, despite being a compact design, the keys are well-spaced out, making for an enjoyable overall experience.
- One element that we kept bumping into was the placement of the arrow keys and navigational cluster (home, page up, etc.). They are at the very edge of the keyboard and even after two days of use, we were struggling to get used to their placement.
- The HyperX Alloy Origins 65 performed well when gaming. Similar to what you’d expect from a high-performance mechanical keyboard with linear switches. Enabling fast gameplay response and “double tapping” due to the switches not needing to reset with each actuation, as a tactile switch does.
- Additionally, this HyperX keyboard is equipped with full Anti-Ghosting technology and N-key rollover (NKRO). Which allows you to hit all of your keys without a worry in mind. The Alloy U9F features the most precise key presses available.
- Finally, the Alloy Origins 65 impresses with its super-vibrant RGB that (by default) cycles through a full spectrum of colors in a way that looks smart and classy.
CHECK OUT: 5 Most Expensive Gaming PCs Today
- The HyperX Alloy Origins 65 is an incredibly solid keyboard.
- Both the chassis and baseplate of the keyboard are constructed out of solid aluminum, which means there’s no flex while typing or gaming.
- Underneath each key, you’ll find a PBT plastic keycap that offers a nice tactile feel.
- Aside from the basic keycaps in this package, HyperX does include extra printed ones with space-themed designs. This also comes with a standard layout for an aluminum keyboard with dedicated media keys and macro keys to maximize performance in-game!
- The board has 4 rubber feet underneath and the keyboard sides have rubber strips that keep it firmly in place when on inclined feet.
- Also, its keys are not tightly attached to their bases, but that does not affect its overall feel.
CHECK OUT: The Most Expensive Keyboards In The World
Is It Worth Checking Out?
- Extremely well-built
- Great feeling switches
- Solid and weighty
- Colorful RGB
- Wired connection only
- Only compatible with Windows
The HyperX Alloy Origins 65 with linear red switches is an outstanding gaming keyboard. The fast and responsive switches are light to actuate and have a moderate pre-travel distance, feeling very responsive to touch.
The keyboard as a whole feels highly durable thanks to its solid aluminum case and the RGB backlighting shines through each key. You can also customize it in the companion software.
With all these above-mentioned aspects in mind, and with such a competitive price, this mechanical keyboard is Nerdable recommended!
Find out more about the HyperX Alloy Origins 65 mechanical keyboard on Amazon.