Razer BlackShark V2 X Gaming Headset Review
The Razer BlackShark series has come a long way in recent years. Their sound quality has improved dramatically and that’s why we’re reviewing the Razer BlackShark V2 X.
They’re comfortable for long gaming sessions, and compatible with many consoles, even PCs. Plus, their microphones are able to pick up your voice even in noisy environments.
However, is this gaming headset worth $48? Let’s find out!
- Hyperclear Cardioid Mic For Enhanced Pick-Up
- TriForce Titanium 50mm Drivers
- 12Hz to 28kHZ Frequency Response
- Compatible With PC, Mac, Switch, and More
- Lightweight With Breathable Memory Foam Ear Cushions
- 7.1 Surround Sound
- The Razer BlackShark V2 X has a lot of padding on the earcups and headband, which makes them extremely comfortable to wear.
- Despite being designed with gamers in mind, anyone who works online could find this product useful as the microphone is fantastic.
- The Blackshark V2 X has a microphone that any gamer will envy. The ‘Hyperclear Cardioid Mic’, is on the end of a bendable stick for flexible positioning – allowing for optimum clarity and background noise cancellation to help outdo competitors in all your gaming endeavors.
- Also, the headphones shut out noise with their closed-ear cups and plush cushions. These provide a better sealing that completely covers your ears for improved audio isolation.
- In terms of sound quality, the Razer BlackShark V2 X headphones have a balanced mid-range output. It generally produces decent midrange, not too thin and not muffled either. Although there is a slight dip in the low and high ranges, it won’t be noticed in the heat of gaming action.
- Surprisingly, the bass is more emphasized in the mid-high range. Action games sound punchier and explosions deliver enough weight to be sonically interesting.
- While the balance between left and right drivers is relatively even, there is a small amount of frequency mismatch, but this really doesn’t have much impact on the 7.1 surround sound – which works as well as you would expect for $50.
- As for compatibility, this headset will work just fine with basically every platform. From PlayStation 4 to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, to PC and Mac.
- The Razer BlackShark V2 X headset is designed to be a low-key product that will work well with your current gaming setups.
- It’s a black plastic headset with green cables, but Razer did a good job making the neon cable tough to spot on this model.
- The only splash of color you’ll find on the headphones is on the Razer logo, which is in black and slightly offset from the center.
Are They Worth Checking Out?
- The microphone performs exceptionally well
- Subtle low-key design
- Comfortable earcups for long hours of gaming
- A plethora of compatibility options
- Solid passive noise cancellation
- No companion software to customize the balance
- Inconsistent bass and treble delivery
The Razer BlackShark V2 X is the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro’s budget-friendly sibling:
They don’t offer a lot of features like their more expensive counterpart. For example, they don’t have support for USB sound cards, nor do they have companion software to customize sound profiles.
However, for $50 you get a sturdy headset with decent sound quality, fantastic compatibility, and best of all, an unbelievable microphone. At this price point, they are definitely Nerdable Recommended.