Smart TVs are a great way to cut cords (built-in ecosystems of streaming apps) but they’re also capable of multimedia things:
For example, the Social Wall feature on LG, Samsung, and Sony smart TVs opens up new possibilities.
CHECK OUT: The 5 Best Reply All Episodes Ever
If you don’t know about this feature or how to display social walls on smart TVs, continue reading:
What is Social Wall?
Social Wall is a tool that displays large information boards that people can populate with content:
And Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et al, posts can be fed into these boards. That’s right, social media on your big screen TV.
The Social Wall can also display the latest news, photos, and videos users share online:
All social wall content can be accessed through a built-in browser on smart TVs or innovative TV-enabled smartphones and tablets after they are connected to your smart home network.
CHECK OUT: 90s Cartoon Characters That Made Nerds Cool
Why Display Social Wall on Smart TVs?
A Social Wall is an exciting way to keep in touch with your friends. And the key value is being able to use social media, check the news, as a family, rather than being confined to a small screen device:
Another benefit of this tool is that smart TVs can communicate with other devices in the household such as smartphones and tablets for better convenience of watching TV shows or getting more information via social apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Which social walls are available on Smart TV?
The social network sites available on Samsung smart TVs include Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. And social networks like Facebook let you share what you’re watching with friends in real-time across your televisions.
From Samsung to Comcast, TVs offer multiple social opportunities. Different TV models may have different features allowing users to watch YouTube videos together in “Circles,” join Facebook groups, or even share photos on Instagram:
Cable companies like Comcast also offer their social networks on the TV screen to allow people out of range at home to see each other’s way of life and hang out with new friends.
How to display social wall on Smart TVs?
Here is a complete step-by-step guide to display social walls on smart TVs:
- Step 1: Set up a Wi-Fi connection on your Smart TV.
- Step 2: Look for a browser on the App Store that meets your needs.
- Step 3: Install a browser like Chrome or Mozilla on a Smart TV and use it to surf the web.
- Step 4: Open your web browser, and then paste the URL of your Social Wall into the web address field.
- Step 5: You’re done.
CHECK OUT: The Best 80 Inch 4k TV For Under $2,000
How to Set Up Social Wall on Apple TV?
Here is the complete process to set social walls on Apple TVs:
- Step 1: Ensure that your Apple TV is plugged into a power source.
- Step 2: Use an HDMI cable to attach it to your TV.
- Step 3: The HDMI input on your Apple TV must be selected.
- Step 4: Select your preferred language and location, then activate Siri.
- Step 5: The Home screen will appear once the setup is complete.
- Step 6: On your Home screen, open the App Store application.
- Step 7: Once you’ve found the browser you’d want to use, click the app to download it.
- Step 8: Get the app by clicking the Get button; signing in with your Apple ID may be required.
- Step 9: Open the browser and type in your Social Walls URL when installed.
- Step 10: You’re done. Now you can use the feature.