Since the launch of the Alienware m15 R7 Gaming Laptop, every gamer, 3D artist, and video editor has been on the lookout for details:
And because this new addition to the Alienware family is out of nowhere, it includes an up-to-date combination of the 12th Intel Core i7 CPU and up to a 16 GB RTX 3080 Ti dedicated GPU. All of which are packed into a 6 pounds laptop:
ALSO READ: 10 Best TV Streaming Devices
But how do all these specs perform in real life and are they worth the $1,800+ price? Find out below!
- 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H
- Up to NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti, 16 GB GDDR6
- 15.6″, FHD 1920×1080, 165Hz, Non-Touch, 3ms display
- Up to 4 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 SSD
- Up to 64 GB DDR5 4800 MHz dual-channel RAM
- The 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H Processor delivers a fully unlocked and overclockable powerhouse. On top of that, it features 14 cores, divided into six performance cores and eight efficiency cores to keep things on the move.
- Furthermore, it consists of 20 threads to take on the most demanding workloads, like high-performance eSports, video editing, rendering, and simulation.
- Similarly, with a max turbo frequency of 4.70 GHz, blazing through compute-intensive applications is not a problem.
- The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is a mobile GPU built for laptop gaming. It includes 16 GB of GDDR6 memory and delivers up to 2x the performance of the previous generation.
- The RTX 3080 Ti also features 2nd generation RT Cores and 3rd generation Tensor Cores designed to accelerate ray tracing and AI performance.
- More so, its 10240 Cuda cores top its boost clock speed to 1.67 GHz, making it VR, AR, and gaming ready.
CHECK OUT: 5 Best Gaming Laptops Under $1500
- The new Alienware m5 R7 is equipped with 64 GB of RAM. It means that the computer can run a lot of programs at the same time while still managing to keep the performance up.
- With this much memory, you’ll be able to multitask highly demanding applications without seeing any lag. And if you’re into video editing, 64 GB of RAM is going to help you blitz through 4k footage.
- The Alienware m15 R7 Gaming Laptop comes with an option of 4 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 SSD with one Thunderbolt 3 port for storage and expansion. This is one of the fastest solid-state drives (SSDs) available today, which means you’ll be able to access files lightning-fast.
- On Dell, the laptop has three screen options, ranging from a fast 3ms 165Hz to a ridiculous 1ms 360Hz option. Like with all other customizations from Dell, you’ll be paying a premium for the fastest option.
- Finally, the battery, it’s a 6 Cell, 86 WH battery. On average, you can play games or be productive for 5 hours straight. However, normal browsing can make the battery last up to 10+ hours.
- In terms of build quality, the laptop has only one color option, “Dark Side of the Moon”.
- Its hexagonal-shaped vents help to increase the cooling efficiency while also ensuring that the laptop continues to stay cool so that it can always operate efficiently no matter what kind of games you decide to play on it.
- The rear-facing stadium lighting is fully customizable and helps create quite a unique look.
Is it Worth Checking Out?
For a hardcore gamer or professional that needs power, this laptop can do everything.
- High-quality display options
- Fast, epic performance
- Newest components
- High-price if looking to get into PC gaming on a budget
With everything maxed out, and a whopping price of $1,818, you may be looking for alternatives, however, laptops with comparable components can cost way more, for example, the Asus Zenbook Pro Duo UX582. Therefore, if you have the money to spend, this laptop is of amazing value at just over $1,800.