How To Find Lost Airpods When Offline
Airpods are great! But they can be a pain to find if not in the case. In this post, we’ll discuss how to find lost AirPods when offline and disconnected from the network.
Offline And No Location Found
While wireless earbuds are convenient, it is also easy to misplace them. It’s conceivable to lose one earpiece, both earpieces, the case with both earpieces, simply the case, or any other combination of these components.
When your AirPods are connected to the internet, locating them is much easier than when they are disconnected. However, before we go into how to locate misplaced AirPods that have gone offline, let’s clarify what it means when it says “offline” or “no location found.”
If the AirPods are out of range of the device they are linked to, they may seem offline (either in a case or out of it). In addition, if the batteries run low, they may appear to be unresponsive.
How To Find Lost AirPods That Are Offline?
You’ll need a computer, an internet connection, an Apple device that has been used with the AirPods, and a specific App per device:
1. Using the ‘Find My’ App
One of the best methods to find your AirPods is the ‘Find My’ app. When your AirPods are online, this approach works best, but it also works when your AirPods are offline.
2. Use the ‘Find My’ App On Your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Find My App on the device.
- From the list of connected devices, choose the AirPods.
- The AirPods will show a grey dot because they are offline in this situation. You can, however, identify your AirPods’ last known location on the map using the app.
- You may then utilize the automobile icon/button to go there by tapping on it.
3. Use the ‘Find My’ App On Your Computer (via iCloud)
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Go to icloud.com and log in with your Apple ID and password to access your files.
- Entering a verification code provided to your mobile device may be required in some situations (iPhone). Assuming that’s the case, double-check your entry for accuracy.
- Look for the Find iPhone option in the iCloud menu. Tap on it when you find it. Wait for it to open after clicking once (it can take a couple of seconds).
- Your Apple ID and password will very certainly be requested a second time. You’ll see a map if you do so.
- At the very top of the page, select ‘All Devices.’
- Select your AirPods from the drop-down menus.
You should also remember that Apple has made it easy to locate earpieces if they are inside the case.