Anker SoundCore Life P3 Review: Fantastic Features And Affordable
Wireless earbuds are a coveted audio technology, with countless companies battling for market share. Yet, only a handful have truly mastered the space:
One of the companies stepping up is Anker, but where do the SoundCore Life P3 Truly Wireless earbuds rank? Let’s find out!
- An affordable $75 price tag.
- Includes Multi-Mode Noise Canceling Sync, which adapts the ANC based on the background noise in your environment.
- Uses 11mm, composite drivers, for high-quality audio.
- Offers Enhanced Call Performance, with 6 microphones that deliver your voice clearly.
- Comes in 5 colors.
Great Style And Fit
- The P3’s earbuds are available in 5 different colors, including black, dark blue, light blue, red, and white. The in-ear fit is fairly secure, though there’s enough leeway for the stems to hang at different angles.
- Like most other wireless earbuds, you can wear the P3s with stems pointing either straight forward or angling inward slightly. The package includes 3 additional pairs of silicone ear tips in various sizes to help achieve an ideal fit:
- And even though these earbuds don’t include stability fins, they should stay in your ears during most physical workouts.
Controls And Digital Assistant
- The Life P3’s control scheme uses digital assistance and tap/hold gestures to help you navigate through different features.
- The earbuds work well with Google Assistant and execute voice commands accurately.
- Siri’s performance is pretty much the same as Google Assistant, but it’s not as fast and sometimes misses out on voice commands.
CHECK OUT: Top 5 Must-Have Wearable Tech
- Running low on charge? Just drop the earbuds back into the case for a boost.
- The case can recharge the earbuds twice, fully.
- This means you can get up to 14 hours of playtime off of one case charge.
- The sound is fantastic for the price and there is robust synchronization between audio and video content on both Android and iPhone devices.
- The earbuds even include a gaming mode, which will boost the playback of sound effects within games. For example, Life P3 users can easily listen to footsteps in-game thanks to this functionality.
- Additionally, to take a call with the SoundCore Life P3 earbuds, simply press on the multi-function button to answer and hold it down to hang up. You’ll also use this button to rewind and skip tracks.
- The 6 microphone array allows you to speak clearly without yelling or having an echo effect happening. This will let your voice resonate naturally in the foreground over any background noise.
- On the downside, you can’t toggle between Ambient and Noise-Cancellation modes during a call. This means the noise-canceling feature amplifies your own voice instead of your conversation partner’s voice, which can be distracting.
Are The Anker SoundCore Life P3 Worth It?
For us, spending $75 on a set of earbuds for the gym is overkill. So, if you are looking for budget gym earbuds we recommend the $20-$25 JLab Audio GO instead. However, if you want earbuds for any other situation, the Anker SoundCore Life P3 is perfect.
- The best ANC earbuds for the $75 price point.
- They support countless features that are often only found on earbuds over $100.
- A plethora of colors are available
- Buggy noise cancelation issue when taking a call
- Siri’s performance can be a little slow
For the price, the Anker SoundCore Life P3 earbuds are definitely Nerdable Recommended.